2019 Bluebird season is here

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter 2019 Bluebird season is here

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 258
    • Total Posts 284

My season has begun. The female blue is building the nest. I noticed activity yesterday and a lot of activity this morning. Took the photo around noon. I only saw the male once. But mama is doing a great job. It looks like the nest should be finished in a day or so. :bluesinbox:

David
    Stafford, VA

David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 258
    • Total Posts 284

What is interesting about this build is the bird goes to my neighbor’s yard to collect the grass for the nest.I have about a 4′ high pile of clippings not 100 feet away/

David
    Stafford, VA

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 234
    • Total Posts 263

David: Glad your mama BB has decided to start a nest. Mine are still going from box to box, but I did see a piece of dried grass in one of them last night and if it isn’t a piece that was just stuck to their feet or feathers, nest building might start soon. We are going to get pretty chilly again for a few days so that may halt any progress for a while. I agree strange your female would go to the neighbors yard for dried grass when it is so close by, but they do, do some very strange things. :Cough:
    Connie (PA)

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 234
    • Total Posts 263

David, Bluebird season is here too. Your nest is further along than mine, but at least they have a start. I can’t post pictures, I have no idea how, but I enjoy seeing the ones that are posted.
    Connie (PA)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.