5 new baby blues in the skies (well in trees now)

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter 5 new baby blues in the skies (well in trees now)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant

My 5 baby blues (1st nesting this year) fledged I guess this morning early. I had figured for Monday fledging, but I could have been one day off on hatching. But this would still be only 16 days old, which all these years babies have fledged at 17 days. Oh well, whatever, they all made it out and even saw some in the oak tree which is close to our home. Parents have always brought them over to the neighbor’s trees after fledging (where they went to try to nest earlier this year). Guess they figured out it was not as good a place as they thought! Will clean out box today and get it ready for next round if they choose to use it again. YEAH!

Great news Carol

David
      Stafford, VA

tamsea

Yay!

Tammy

blue diamonds
        Participant

Carol…..that’s so exciting! Hope they choose to use your box again for round two.

Judy-Michigan

Sassy
          Participant

Congrats Carol, how wonderful to hear 5 new babies are winging their way into the sky. Mine are not due to hatch till sometime around the 19 of June. I am waiting to see if all 6 eggs hatch, that would be amazing. Hope your pair decides to use the box again. Not sure they would do a second nesting here, it will be the 7th of July at the earliest when they fledge but I will empty the box and see what happens at that time. Perhaps I will be lucky this year.
            Connie (PA)

Lisa
            Participant

My first 9 (2 nestings) haven’t moved 2 doors down this year and are up in the pines behind my house. I am so happy to get to hear their little chirps! Nest 3 is all complete so it is looking like a wonderful year!!!!

Dana
              Participant

Awesome Carol! Congrats!

Sassy
                Participant

Lisa, three go rounds is fabulous. How many eggs in the 3rd nest?
                  Connie (PA)

Carol – Mid-Mo.
                  Participant

Thanks all – yes, I believe I will have eggs in nest #2 VERY soon, as mama built the nest in a different box in a day or so. I have checked the last two days and no egg yet but papa is definitely guarding this nest and “interested.” The new fledglings have not come to the bowl to eat yet, but I have seen them in the trees right close to our home whenever parents bring them worms. It has been very hot this past week, in the 90’s (went from winter to summer without any spring), so I will be getting our my heat shield as soon as an eggs is laid, as well as the other guards. Nesting season has finally arrived for lots of us here. For the others, don’t give up – the joy is well worth the wait and effort.

Sassy
                    Participant

Carol, the heat has been turned on here too in PA. not as hot here as there, 84 degrees as of 1:21 PM and mama is incubating her eggs. Tomorrow they may start hatching. I am anxious to hear how the 2nd nesting goes. Sounds like there might be more BB’s out your way. I will be thrilled if these ones stay on for a 2nd. Guess it will depend on weather and the BB’s.
                      Connie (PA)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.