5 new Blues take wing

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter 5 new Blues take wing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Missed another fledging. My 5 have left the nest box. I was away at the daughter’s for a Mother’s Day lunch and returned to an empty box. Oh Well… I will clean it tomorrow, let it dry and put it back on the pole for the next brood.

I hope that all of the ladies enjoyed a nice Mother’s Day.

David

David
    Stafford, VA

nhhawk6
    Participant

Congratulations. How many days to fledge? Closer to 16, or 21?

Randy
      Bedford, New Hampshire

Lisa
      Participant

Congrats! Mine are Day 14 and I’m off work starting Tuesday. It will be hard to pry me off the patio though I have so much to do!

dogsandbirds

Randy, average day to fledge is somewhere between 16-19. I have had them go later and some people have had them go earlier.

Gin
          Atlanta, GA

Randy this brood was 17 – exactly as predicted on the Cornell U spreadsheet. All of my fledging for the past 10 years have been 16-17 days mostly 17.

David
          Stafford, VA

nhhawk6
          Participant

Got it, David; just interested in your average days-to-fledge. Nice to see your consistent pattern.

Randy
            Bedford, New Hampshire

Carol – Mid-Mo.
            Participant

My fledging is always 17 days – I believe only one time I had them fledge at 16 days. I am in Mid-Missouri.

Love my blues!
              Participant

Mine have always been day 18.

Dana
                Participant

David congrats on the fledging! My new pair of bluebirds has just started building a nest. Can’t wait for the eggs to start arriving!

Lisa
                  Participant

Mine left today too!!! I missed everything!!! Only way I knew is that the mealworms were transported next door instead of to the box. Empty nest syndrome once again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.