5 new hatchlings!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter 5 new hatchlings!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Healthcare IT exec is sounding good right now! I hate call with a passion!

nhhawk6
      Participant

Exactly. I haven’t done a stat C-section or ruptured AAA in 10 years.

Randy
        Bedford, New Hampshire

Lisa
        Participant

Trying not to dislike you right now ;)
          Though getting out of the ER was the best choice ever. Except call. LOL>

Lisa
          Participant

I hope there are not tough topic police here. I am about to do nocturnist because I hate call so bad. Ha! Then I can watch my BLUEBIRDS all day long. See, I can stay on topic!

Lisa
            Participant

This is definitely the strangest bluebird year ever here. They are always long gone by now. Now I have a nest with 3 eggs. Last year I was all hysterical about a June fledge. I don’t know but it seems like others are having weird late nests too.

Lisa
              Participant

In fact I put out hummingbird feeders today just in case they are all whacked out too. Usually pass through in September, last year was August, so I thought what the heck. Everything is upside down so I may as well put them out!

Lisa
                Participant

Bedford looks so nice! Except snow… Not sure about snow. Daughter went to summer camp just outside of North Conway and I loved it…Parent’s weekend was an awesome break from the heat.

nhhawk6
                  Participant

I think climate changes and fluctuations are serving to create new geographic norms. Seasonal extremes seem to be moderating, at least up here. This will be an interesting season for me. There will be no weather-related reason for my blues not to nest a third time. We are not going to have a prolonged period of oppressive heat; it is simply not going to happen (it rarely does, anymore). September through October is the most stable and temperate time of the year in NH, so we’ll see if the bluebirds continue to nest. I hope so.

Randy
                    Bedford, New Hampshire

nhhawk6
                    Participant

Lisa, Bedford is insanely nice. Beautiful, safe, and ultra-convenient. Very lucky to live here.

Randy
                      Bedford, New Hampshire

verachuckdave
                      Participant

It sounds very nice there. PA has also been moderating with far less snow in the winters (other than a crazy storm once in a while). My baby blues stuck around all winter last year. I have a photograph that I took in December with several babies sitting around the bird bath. We do have terribly hot weather from mid-July until September. Right now we are in a heatwave that is expected to last at least a week. I just saw mama blue take off for some food for the babies, so I took that opportunity to grab a mirror and take a peek in the house. Those dear souls have their little heads waving for food in spite of this oppressive heat. I just hope they will be okay.

Susan
                        Pennsylvania

nhhawk6
                        Participant

My pair, really just papa, is extremely grumpy these days, Susan. I am just leaving them alone for awhile. The predator pressure is extremely high, one of the eggs has not hatched, and we are having a mini heat wave. I gave them a few mealworms as a “keep your chin up” sort of gesture. They ate some, and fed the rest to the two babies, but the mood remains decidedly sour, around the nest box. :(

Randy
                          Bedford, New Hampshire

verachuckdave
                          Participant

Awww! These poor birds are truly amazing with all of the challenges they face. I know I am guilty of assigning human feelings to these wild birds, but I swear my papa blue is excited to have babies to feed. He was so attentive to that first brood that we tragically lost to cars and predators. He just seems to work tirelessly for the good of mama and the babes. I am sorry your couple has so many challenges.

Susan
                            Pennsylvania

Meg
                            Participant

We had a broad winged hawk perched above our yard the other day. I just walked around the corner of the house and a hawk was sitting on our side deck. Startled me so didn’t get a good look but assuming it was the same one. Also this morning I looked out the kitchen window and there was a snake sitting in the tree that the house finches nest in 15 feet off the ground! Glad my chickadees fledged yesterday with these predators hanging around!

verachuckdave
                              Participant

Wow! What state do you live in, Meg?

Susan
                                Pennsylvania

dogsandbirds

Anesthesiologist? You guys are the heroes of the OR because you keep the patients alive! Well, most of the time anyway. :-) In any case, they are for sure out of pain. I have a friend who only works cardiac cases and I tell him what a hero he is all the time. He is actually on call 24 hours and then off 72. Works for him. Before a surgery so many people blow off the meeting with anesthesia and they are so ignorant. That meeting is important but they just don’t get that. One patient told Rob that he didn’t want to talk to him. Rob was like you would rather have me in there than go without.

See? I have absolutely no problem when a thread doesn’t stay on topic. I always think it’s interesting to see where a thread goes.

Gin
                                  Atlanta, GA

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.