Active bluebird cam

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Active bluebird cam

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  blue diamonds 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LantanaAl
    Participant
    • Topics started 3
    • Replies 15
    • Total Posts 18

I’m playing around with trying to live-stream my bluebird cam. The stream will probably go up and down as I experiment, learn, and tweak.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcN3r9PbbL9330CikjHT5XA/live

More info:
    Expected hatch day: April 10, 2019 (+/- 1 day)
    Expected fledge day: April 28, 2019 (+/- 2 days)

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  LantanaAl.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  LantanaAl.
    Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 35
    • Replies 277
    • Total Posts 312

LatanaAl, loved seeing the video, I think you did a good job. I enjoyed it very much.
    Connie (PA)

blue diamonds
    Participant
    • Topics started 12
    • Replies 87
    • Total Posts 99

LantanaAl, Your live-stream bluebird cam was awesome!!! I just viewed mamablue sitting peacefully on the nest. I will be checking in on her often. Thank you so much for sharing. Our bluebirds do not stay around all winter. They have not returned yet, usually show up around May 1st.

Happy birding,
    Judy-Michigan

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 35
    • Replies 277
    • Total Posts 312

LatanaAl, so glad I peeked in today, 6 beautiful bluebird eggs. So exciting, I will tune in again tomorrow to see them start to hatch. Mine are still trying to make up their minds where and when to build a nest.
    Connie (PA)

blue diamonds
    Participant
    • Topics started 12
    • Replies 87
    • Total Posts 99

Just checked in on the bluebird cam……2 eggs have hatched. Only see 3 other eggs. Originally there were 6 eggs. Mama blue was not on the nest when I first checked the cam, so I watched until she came back to the nest. She was gone much longer than I thought she would be…(maybe 40 minutes). The two babies were feed and she is sitting on the nest. All is well. Thank you LatanaAl for sharing your cam…..it’s awesome!!!

Judy-Michigan

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 35
    • Replies 277
    • Total Posts 312

Wow, love watching Mama feed the little ones. I see there are three and I can see one more egg. I guess the other two eggs are hidden by the babies. Such a wonderful part of nature to witness.
    Connie (PA)

David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 329
    • Total Posts 358

Love the camera Al. Boy, that was an exercise moving the little ones to remove the eggs. I just opened the page as you were doing it. Do they show any sign of being viable?

David
    Stafford, VA

blue diamonds
    Participant
    • Topics started 12
    • Replies 87
    • Total Posts 99

So…….looks like 3 of the six eggs hatched. They all seem pretty active and doing well. I’m surprised at how big the bugs are that she is feeding them. I thought the mama always chewed them up before feeding……guess not.

Judy-Michigan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.