All time low

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter All time low

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    thcri
    Participant

I’ve learned in another part of my life that I must learn to accept the things I cannot change, have the courage to change the things I can, and seek the wisdom to know the difference.

My role in helping bluebirds is to provide a nesting cavity and do my best to safeguard it from predators. Beyond that nature will run its course and I have to accept that.

I have no control over what happens to the birds after the leave my box (and to a fair extent while they are in it) and I just have to accept that I’m doing my best to help them and what will come after that is just part of nature.

Life is full of ups and downs but I just have to look at the big picture as much as possible.

The above is well said. We can’t control what goes on. It is all part of nature. However, if it was not for people like you and the rest here Bluebirds and other cavity nesters may not even exist. Keep your chin up and stick with it. You are helping way more than you think. Keep in your mind that many of the blues that are out there is because of your help and assistance.

verachuckdave
      Participant

I appreciate the kind words, and I know you are all right. Boy, it does sting though. Like Lisa said, they don’t give up, so I can’t either. I saw evidence of that this morning since both mama and papa are back at the house again today. Mama went inside the house with her five eggs after taking a quick bath in my fountain. Papa sat on the pool fence for a half hour and watched me vacuum the pool. Like you said. . .chin up.

Susan
        Pennsylvania

verachuckdave
        Participant

Thank you, Randy. I know that you are right. I will bounce back. Mama and Papa Blue keep plugging away, so I will continue to do anything I can to help them. Thanks, again.

Susan
          Pennsylvania

Lisa
          Participant

Please understand that I know how much it hurts, though!!!

Lisa
            Participant

Our birds are way tougher than we are though, luckily!

verachuckdave
              Participant

There’s no doubt about it, they are tougher. It’s been a pretty difficult week for me, but seeing mama and papa hanging out together has helped.

Susan
                Pennsylvania

Sassy
                Participant

Susan, it saddens me so to read about your recent loss. I know what that feels like, just know you are not alone, we all feel for you. I am happy to hear that Mama and Papa are back. You did the best you could while they were in your care, and we have to accept that they keep plugging along, and we have to do the same. I keep looking every day hoping I will see another pair of blues, but so far no luck, but I am not giving up.
                  Connie (PA)

verachuckdave
                  Participant

Thanks, Connie. I just hope the babies in this new batch beat the odds. We’ve got a lot of heat coming our way in Pennsylvania, and then there are the predators! My fingers are crossed.

Susan
                    Pennsylvania

Lisa
                    Participant

I’m right here with you Susan. Even bought a mister for the birds. LOL>

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.