Another good report

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Another good report

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sassy
    Participant

Hi Everyone:
      Mama took her sweet time building the second nest but finally finished and laid her first egg on Tuesday, the third one on Thursday and by late afternoon she was incubating them, so not a great nest full this time, but I am just happy to see the second set started. This nest is made almost entirely of pine needles, so I wonder if she knows hotter weather is on the way. Now I am wondering if for the first time I will see a third nesting. Time will tell.
      Connie (PA)

blue diamonds
      Participant

Connie….looks like it’s turning out to be a good season. I think your weather is similar to ours here in MI, still kinda wet and cool…..strange for sure. I hope to get another nest after my two boxes fledge on Monday and next Saturday. Congratulations…Happy Birding.

Judy-Michigan

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by blue diamonds.
        Sassy
        Participant

Thanks Judy. Good luck on your second nesting. I was so hoping I would get a second pair of adults in the backyard box but front yard Papa keeps a close eye on it. I thought I had another pair investigating it yesterday, a male was looking in and a female was close by then I saw 2 young ones fly to the ground so I realized it was my front yard pair with their first clutch. The only thing I have seen take an interest in that box was a chickadee and a HOWR, and Papa was right there flushing them out.
          Connie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.