Five white EABL eggs!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Five white EABL eggs!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dogsandbirds 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dogsandbirds
    • Topics started 4
    • Replies 576
    • Total Posts 580

Doing a happy dance here. Incubation started Tuesday so maybe chicks in a couple of weeks. Last year she was not successful and I’m hoping she has better luck this time.

Gin
    Atlanta, GA

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 234
    • Total Posts 263

Hi Gin:
    I am happy :dancing: with you. Five white eggs is exciting. Keep us updated on the progress of the nest.
    Connie (PA)

David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 258
    • Total Posts 284

Good for you. Mine are still waiting. In and out of the box but no nest as of this morning.

David
    Stafford, VA

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 234
    • Total Posts 263

Ditto here David, in fact I see them do that at both boxes, in and out but no nesting material.
    Connie (PA)

Dana
    Participant
    • Topics started 22
    • Replies 92
    • Total Posts 114

Same here David and Connie. I seen a pair of bluebirds investigating my nestbox 2 days ago but no nest yet. It must still be too chilly, rainy? Although today and tomorrow suppose to be warmer here in Pa…60s and 70s. By the way, Gin congrats on the 5 bb eggs! :cow2:

Dana
    Lancaster, PA

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 61
    • Replies 600
    • Total Posts 661

Great news, Gin! My pair have started a nest for no eggs for now, which is a good thing. We had a couple of very nice days but then a cold spell, but this week is supposed to be nice again. White eggs would be really exciting, since they are fairly rare.

dogsandbirds
    • Topics started 4
    • Replies 576
    • Total Posts 580

Planning to check for hatching today if I get a minute. Yes, Carol, I know white eggs are not typical. Seeing them is what prompted my happy dance!

Gin
    Atlanta, GA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.