Gilbertson style 6”

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Gilbertson style 6”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

Thanks

NickNackHummer
      Participant

Those are great pictures Bill! Thank you for posting them.

Carol
        East Tennessee

Bill
        Participant

You’re welcome.
          I’ve been having problems lately with that camera going offline even though they generally good cameras. It’s a bad time because this is the time things are happening inside of the birdhouse.

Bill
          Participant

Bill
            Participant

Bill
              Participant

Better focus from the camera now.
                There are four eggs now.

Chris
                Participant

Very nice resolution.

What kind of camera are you using? is it wireless?

Thanks,
                  Chris
                  SW Oh

Bill
                  Participant

It’s from Green-backyard.com. The cameras I have are wireless except for the power source and it has an sd card slot up to 128 gb. They also have Poe ethernet cameras but without the sd slot. They are manual focus…..wish they were auto but I suppose there’s no room for it. Cameras measure about 2” x 2”.

I wanted to get the entrance hole and the birdhouse bottom in the same view so one side of the camera bracket is tilted toward the hole and located on the ceiling the opposite side of the hole. It’s a little better angle to see who’s at the doorway.

Bill
                    Participant

I use the app for my phone and ipad to view up to four cameras live, with a slight delay, anywhere I have WiFi or a phone signal. The desktop app has up to 64 cameras I believe. There’s an alarm switch in the app for motion detection and it notifies you when there is something happening.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
                      Participant

Bill, great photos – all that technology is WAY beyond me at my age. I just work with what I have.

Bill
                        Participant

Thanks Carol,

There’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s worth it to see what’s going on inside. It’s like standing outside of a movie theater otherwise.

I’m looking forward to seeing how well the 6” pipe size works for room.

Bill

phillyblues
                          Participant

Very cool. Love the glow. Those bluebirds look like they are in a fancy club.

Bill
                            Participant

It’s the green pvc. I did paint the outside white and striped it like a birch log. It has been hard to find thin white pvc in 6”.

Chris
                              Participant

A guy where i live used to modify PVC birdhouses to make them more log-like. He sprayed them with 3M adhesive, sprinkled them with sawdust, and painted them brown when they dried. He had a bluebird trail in the park district, the bluebirds did use them, but he did say he had to touch up the paint on them now and then.

He had pictures and instructions on how he made them, if i come across them at home i will scan them and post them. I couldnt find anything similar online.

Chris

phillyblues
                                Participant

I always wondered if the plastic was healthy or not long term and if they would be too hot inside in certain states.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by phillyblues.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.