Good News

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Good News

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carol – Mid-Mo. 19 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Replies 205
    • Total Posts 230

I am happy to report my last brood is still around. I see them at the feeder every day. I never see any of the first brood unless some of these ones are part of that brood, but I doubt it. We are going away again for a few days, so it will be interesting to see if they are still here when we get back.
    Connie (PA)

tamseatamsea
    • Topics started 19
    • Replies 651
    • Total Posts 670

Yay! I’m seeing mine too. I’m leaving for 4 weeks and I feel so bad because mine are coming and begging for suet every day. But usually they show up when I get home from a trip. I wish I had a neighbor I felt comfortable asking to feed them daily.

Tammy

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 25
    • Replies 205
    • Total Posts 230

Hi Tammy:
    I felt the same way about going away but not for more than a week, and they did return to feed once I filled the feeder and whistled for them. Today was a bonus when I saw them show up without any feed in the feeder, in fact my husband took the feeder down since we had not seen any blues in a few weeks. Maybe I should have left it up and tried the suet with them. If I see them again, I will have him put it up again and see what happens.
    Connie (PA)

tamseatamsea
    • Topics started 19
    • Replies 651
    • Total Posts 670

If you aren’t feeding them, they probably won’t keep appearing even if they are in the area. Is keep feeding them if I were you. I’ll get mealworms when I get back. They did fine with the suet. Almost makes me want to forget buying mealworms and stay with the suet.

Tammy

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 59
    • Replies 585
    • Total Posts 644

Tammy is correct – need to keep feeding them if you want to see them – they look and stay where there is a food supply. My blues have definitely figured no more worms (besides costly, they will freeze quickly in our Missouri weather) so they are at the suet bowl regularly now. I was only seeing my pair for a while, and recently I saw four of them. Keep that feeder up & filled and you will have a joyous winter, although I’m not sure about your weather there. I live right on the edge of the Missouri north-south line where just a little more north they don’t usually overwinter because it is too cold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.