Has this ever happened to YOU?

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Has this ever happened to YOU?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rich K
    Participant

The first brood all fledged yesterday. 4 out of 5 eggs hatched. I cleaned the nest and box out thoroughly this morning. By 7 pm tonight Momma has the start of a NEW nest. I’m 100% it’s her because I have seen her going in and out and the base is the typical scattering of pine needles! I thought it was at least 7 to 10 days later for a second brood.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Wow, is she ever in a hurry. Guess she is leaving it up to papa blue to train the youngsters. No, I’ve never had them start a nest quite that quick. Good luck.

Rich K
        Participant

I thought it may be another pair but she knows me SO well and I can get very close to her and the male. Maybe it is another pair but I would think Papa wouldn’t put up with that!

Rich K
          Participant

I checked the box this morning. Nest is near completion. Just waiting for her to finish the cup. So in just over 24 hours after fledging she has an almost complete nest. This must be a record!

Carol – Mid-Mo.
            Participant

Will be interesting to see when the first egg is laid, Rich. Have you seen the male any – he should be out teaching the youngsters how to fly and fend for themselves.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.