He finally found a female!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter He finally found a female!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donna in WI
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Replies 51
    • Total Posts 57

So last week Wednesday another (the third) female showed up and she has stayed! They were going back and forth between two boxes and I didn’t think she was ever going to start building a nest. She started on Saturday in one box then moved to a different box on Sunday and now has a complete nest in that second box. Waiting on eggs now….

Here she was yesterday…
    IMG_1828a8

Donna in WI

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 107
    • Replies 1044
    • Total Posts 1151

Nice picture, Donna. What is it with these birds starting a nest in box and then switch to a different one? My first pair (had papa 6 years with about 3 different females) always finished the nest which they began & laid the eggs in it. The 2 years with my current couple they built 2 or 3 complete nests in different boxes before choosing one. Of course, this cuts down on available true time, and they just have 2 nestings instead of 3 like my first 6 years. All are different I guess!

Love my blues!
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Replies 217
    • Total Posts 226

So glad she stayed, Donna! That male has really been trying hard to find someone, hasn’t he? Sounds like they’re finally settling in. Sure hope so!

Nicole

thcri
    Participant
    • Topics started 5
    • Replies 23
    • Total Posts 28

I had a male last summer that lost his mate. He hung around that box for almost two weeks. Finally a female came around.

Glad your results were of the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.