Help! 5 bluebird eggs and non have hatched

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Help! 5 bluebird eggs and non have hatched

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Whitney Gregge
    Participant

5 eggs today, they are going all out lol

Whitney Gregge
      Participant

Some good new: 3 of the 4 Mockingbird eggs hatched today!

Lisa
        Participant

Susan, I can’t imagine 5 babies smushed up in my little birdhouse in this heat! I’m glad yours have a bigger house!

verachuckdave
          Participant

I have to admit that I am very worried. Each day that I look in and they are still okay, I breathe a sigh of relief!

Susan
            Pennsylvania

verachuckdave
            Participant

Whitney: Where do your mocking birds nest? I have a family of mocking birds, and they are very comical to watch. I really like them (as long as they aren’t bullying the bluebirds too much!). They seem to spend a lot of time high in one of my pine trees, but I don’t know where the nest is. Every morning and every evening I make a line of plump blueberries on the rail that encloses my deck. One by one the blueberries disappear as the mockers come in and take them. Yesterday, the mocker knocked a blueberry off the rail, and he looked so funny chasing it as it rolled across the deck. . .those little legs were really moving. :ROFL:

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by verachuckdave.

Susan
              Pennsylvania

Whitney Gregge
              Participant

Hahaha that’s funny! My neighbors have a lot of big bushes in their yard and the mockingbirds love them. This nest is about chest high in one of the bushes. Momma BB is incubating the 5 eggs today. It’s supposed to get 98 today :(

Whitney Gregge
                Participant

Well today brings the 14th day since the eggs were laid. As of yesterday none had hatched. Really hoping they aren’t infertile again :(

verachuckdave
                  Participant

Oh no! Hopefully they are just late to hatch. . . fingers crossed!

Susan
                    Pennsylvania

Lisa
                    Participant

Keep us posted!! Mine don’t usually hatch right on schedule but my current bunch hatched on day 14 so mama must have started incubating the day the last one was laid!

Whitney Gregge
                      Participant

Still no babies today. Momma is still incubating. I’ve had a terrible first year. This is 3rd Bb clutch and no babies. All the baby mockingbirds disappeared, im guessing predator. Only luck so far is some house Wrens that are on day 11 today, should fledge later this week. They are in a small bird house I have in my front yard tree.

Lisa
                        Participant

Oh my gosh. Praying that you see some tomorrow! The problem is that you can’t know when incubation starts :(
                          I would be crying if I had a house wren nest. You are a WAY better person than I am!
                          Still keeping fingers and toes crossed for yours.

Lisa
                          Participant

For me, the third try was always the charm. I hope this holds true for you!

dogsandbirds

Whitney, I would be STOMPING around if I had a house wren nest!

I hope those eggs hatched today.

Gin
                              Atlanta, GA

Lisa
                              Participant

I hate House Wrens with a red hot passion after they destroyed my first nest and still steal my mealworms. And still haven’t found their darn nest!

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.