I am back – with a new Mealworm “job”

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter I am back – with a new Mealworm “job”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone. I have been away due to a cable signal issue with Comcast. I had TV but no internet for almost a month. It just came back this evening, so I am going to read all of the posts and get back into the swing of things.

One good thing did come out of the “layoff.” I was at the local Wild Birds Unlimited store several weeks ago and we were talking about feeding the wild birds. I mentioned having my mealworm farm and the “explosion” of worms that I had earlier in the year, and the owner said that she was trying to find local suppliers for her store needs. She asked if I could supply the store with mealworms (about 40,000 every 2 weeks.) I had let my beetles die off following that big hatch of mealworms earlier, so I agreed to try to restart the colony and get the numbers up again.

It worked!!!. So beginning in late September I will be supplying mealworms to the WBU store in Fredericksburg, VA. She even provided the 1,000 mealworm cups so that I would not have to buy that sized container. I am looking forward to this venture.

David
    Stafford, VA

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant

Glad you found an outlet for the worms, David. Good luck with this new venture. (P.S. you couldn’t pay me enough to grow them!!!) Wow, without internet for a month – I had that happen to me this year (cable but no internet) for two days and I thought I would have a heart attack.

Thanks Carol. Yes it was an experience that I do not want to have again. Comcast still has not replaced the cable but my internet service is back – we just don’t know for how long. The cable is supposed to be replaced by Sep 3 (fingers crossed).
      My final 3 birds fledged on Wednesday in the heat of the morning. following a torrential rain. I am ready to rest for a while.

David
      Stafford, VA

blue diamonds
      Participant

Yup….I’m with Carol on being a worm supplier, hope it all works out great for you. I like my internet also, being out for one day is like not having electricity…..lol. Cable I would not miss as much. Congratulations on your final 3 fledglings‼️

Judy – Michigan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.