I am back – with a new Mealworm “job”

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter I am back – with a new Mealworm “job”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 57
    • Replies 614
    • Total Posts 671

Hi everyone. I have been away due to a cable signal issue with Comcast. I had TV but no internet for almost a month. It just came back this evening, so I am going to read all of the posts and get back into the swing of things.

One good thing did come out of the “layoff.” I was at the local Wild Birds Unlimited store several weeks ago and we were talking about feeding the wild birds. I mentioned having my mealworm farm and the “explosion” of worms that I had earlier in the year, and the owner said that she was trying to find local suppliers for her store needs. She asked if I could supply the store with mealworms (about 40,000 every 2 weeks.) I had let my beetles die off following that big hatch of mealworms earlier, so I agreed to try to restart the colony and get the numbers up again.

It worked!!!. So beginning in late September I will be supplying mealworms to the WBU store in Fredericksburg, VA. She even provided the 1,000 mealworm cups so that I would not have to buy that sized container. I am looking forward to this venture.

David
    Stafford, VA

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 109
    • Replies 1053
    • Total Posts 1162

Glad you found an outlet for the worms, David. Good luck with this new venture. (P.S. you couldn’t pay me enough to grow them!!!) Wow, without internet for a month – I had that happen to me this year (cable but no internet) for two days and I thought I would have a heart attack.

David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 57
    • Replies 614
    • Total Posts 671

Thanks Carol. Yes it was an experience that I do not want to have again. Comcast still has not replaced the cable but my internet service is back – we just don’t know for how long. The cable is supposed to be replaced by Sep 3 (fingers crossed).
    My final 3 birds fledged on Wednesday in the heat of the morning. following a torrential rain. I am ready to rest for a while.

David
    Stafford, VA

blue diamondsblue diamonds
    Participant
    • Topics started 30
    • Replies 286
    • Total Posts 316

Yup….I’m with Carol on being a worm supplier, hope it all works out great for you. I like my internet also, being out for one day is like not having electricity…..lol. Cable I would not miss as much. Congratulations on your final 3 fledglings‼️

Judy – Michigan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.