I have made a horrible mistake, and it injured my mama blue.

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter I have made a horrible mistake, and it injured my mama blue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 109
    • Replies 1053
    • Total Posts 1162

Go ahead, Gin and gloat – you DID tell us all – thank goodness you were right.

DanaDana
    Participant
    • Topics started 39
    • Replies 155
    • Total Posts 194

Wow great news Randy!! I agree with Lisa. Maybe the female was just stunned for awhile. So glad to hear she has made a full recovery!

nhhawk6nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

She is a special little lady, indeed!

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

Lisa
    Participant
    • Topics started 21
    • Replies 613
    • Total Posts 634

I love my sweet parents this year and I can’t even imagine how bad I would feel if something happened. So glad Randy!!!

tamsea
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 699
    • Total Posts 725

Yay!

Tammy

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 54
    • Replies 416
    • Total Posts 470

That is music to my ears Randy. I am so glad she is back and all is OK. I thought of you and my baby blue many times while we were away. Glad your news is good news. Keep us informed.
    Connie (PA)

nhhawk6nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

Thanks, Connie! Mama is sitting on 3 eggs, and things seem to be going well. They should hatch on June 14th, or so. I did just receive her swanky new nest box (for 3rd nesting this season, or 1st next Spring) in the mail! It’s the least I could do! Got the expected “eye roll” from my wife, but other than that, we’re good! :)

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

Lisa
    Participant
    • Topics started 21
    • Replies 613
    • Total Posts 634

Yay Randy! What kind of box did you get? I LOVE my box. Sides open with plexiglass on one side and a slot to put my iPhone in.

nhhawk6nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

Lisa, I got the Kettle Moraine Cedar Super Bluebird House. Love it!!

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

Wow. That’s an awesome house. I may have to put one of those on my Christmas list. As a wife and mother of two sons, the “men in my life” are always begging for gift ideas. Put it this way. . .I never get clothes–I guess it’s a guy thing.

Susan
    Pennsylvania

nhhawk6nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

Susan, I believe you are correct: we men have gift giving issues. For us, walking into a store is like a surgical strike: “I’m cold. (Walk in, buy a coat) I’m not cold anymore.” That mentality rarely translates into an acceptable strategy for gift giving, so any help our wives can give us is greatly appreciated.
    The nest box is EXTREMELY nice. Bought it on Amazon. Recommend without a single reservation or “qualifying statement”. It is perfect IMHO.

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

Excellent! My youngest son is an Amazon junkie and a Prime member. I guess he’s all set for mom’s Christmas gift! Thanks!

Susan
    Pennsylvania

Lisa
    Participant
    • Topics started 21
    • Replies 613
    • Total Posts 634

I love that box!! Almost like mine except my left side also opens (without plexiglass). I haven’t been in a store in years. I even get my dog food on Amazon. LOL.

Lisa
    Participant
    • Topics started 21
    • Replies 613
    • Total Posts 634

I take pictures almost every day with my iPhone over that plexiglass part. Yes I WAY over monitor.

nhhawk6nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

I am the same way, Lisa. I use my iPhone to take pictures, and then decide from there if I need to spend additional time performing a direct inspection. The problem with my current box is that it is front-opening, and that was the contributing factor in mama getting hurt a couple weeks ago. This solves that problem, for all intent and purposes. I am still holding out hope for a third nesting, this season, as I would love to set up the new nest box!

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.