Insect suet plugs

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Insect suet plugs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rich K
    Participant

Another topic. I have been using Log Jammers insect suet plugs in a wooden log feeder since the Fall. My Blues stuck around all Winter and love this stuff. At one point I had 15 Blues in my yard on a cold snowy January day feeding from the suet stations. My nesting pair have been visiting the feeder on a regular basis all Spring as well. So as well as live mealworms, they are getting a good meal at my house! Thank goodness for those stimulus checks!!! They also love Blueberry flavored suet that I get from the local Agway. Just thought I would pass this along in case anyone is looking to offer a varied diet.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Yes, my blues are fed my homemade peanut butter suet all winter, actually from around October to March, and they love it just like mealworms. Unfortunately a lot of o0ther birds love it also (juncos, white crowned sparrows, etc.) and the ones small enough come to my cage feeder, also, although I also have a BOSS feeder which I put out in the back yard for the other birds, especially cardinals, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.