Lone TRES

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Lone TRES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thcri
    Participant
    • Topics started 5
    • Replies 23
    • Total Posts 28

This Tree Swallow pretty much stood on her box for a full day. I have seen no Hosp’s this year. She was alone in her fight if there was one because I saw no other birds not a TRES or HOSP. Then she was gone so tonight I decided to check all my boxes.

Any way when I open her box she was dead in the bottom. Her neck looked a little beat up.

Here is a picture of both my other boxes. Green grass for a very small base. Loves more like mold chopped up. Cotton on the top and what looks like there was a fight as there is all kinds of cotton pieces on the ground.

I should probably take the boxes all down as my health don’t allow m3 to get out there and monitor boxes.

[/url]

tamsea
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 699
    • Total Posts 725

That is a dee nest. How exciting!!! I’m almost positive. They look just like that. Do not take that down.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by tamsea.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by tamsea.

Tammy

tamsea
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 699
    • Total Posts 725

That is not a tree swallow nest. Now, it may be an abandoned so you’ll have to wait and see. There’s no egg under that little bit of fluff?

Tammy

tamsea
    • Topics started 26
    • Replies 699
    • Total Posts 725

Where do you live? (state) That tree swallow could have died from old age or a cold snap. Swallows are very fragile and there aren’t insects for them when it’s too cold or there’s constant rain. 3 days of cold weather might mean the death of them.

Tammy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.