My 2021 nesting update

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter My 2021 nesting update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ReneeinWinslow
    Participant

With the late start to nesting this year the dees (6 eggs) are really behind their usual fledgling time. Usually they are done and long gone by the time the Prothonotary Warblers return. So far I have spotted the male Warbler only once which was early last week. But I do have a few nestings going on. The bluebirds (5 eggs) seem to have change their usual preference from the WBU box to the one I built for the TRES to use. The TRES have been AWOL for the third year in a row now since I was late soaping the box roofs and a wasp started its nest in their box. I haven’t seen any TRES at all since. :( The House Finches have a nest in the artificial hanging plant on the deck. A Mourning Dove has a nest in the little Alberta Spruce tree not too far from the TRES box the blues are nesting in. I haven’t done any nest checking at all since it has been so cold here. We actually had enough snow fall to cover the ground here early last week. I’ve been living here for almost 18 years now and that was the first time it has snowed in April. Well that’s all the news I have to share for now.

When the new wears off the old shines through

When The New Wears Off The Old Shines Through.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Congrats on all your birds, Renee – I do good to just keep track of my bluebirds I have 5 new bluebird babies and our weather has warmed up very nicely. Good to hear from you and hope your weather will warm up very soon.

That is quite a collection of birds to watch. Good to hear from you. Keep us posted on your progress.

David
        Stafford, VA

blue diamonds
        Participant

Your yard sounds amazing. Always enjoy your updates. Super fun watching all the wildlife from afar. Saw the first ruby-throated hummingbird yesterday. Baltimore Orioles should be showing up today or tomorrow. I have their jelly out waiting for their arrival. Happy Spring.

Judy – Michigan

Carol – Mid-Mo.
          Participant

Judy, I also have seen hummingbirds at my feeder, although not in large numbers yet. But, they better get on the stick because the Baltimore Orioles are at the hummer’s feeders and about emptied my bottles – going to refill today. How fun!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.