Please Introduce Yourself!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Please Introduce Yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    The Original Bluebird Nut
    Admi-nut-strator

:welcome:
      Welcome to the Bluebird Nut Cafe! We hope you will find this message board as useful, informative and friendly.

We invite you all to yourselves by starting a new topic in the main forum.

Central NY
      TMB Studios

Birder77
      Participant

Hi my name is Karin Pelton (Birder77) I have been watching bluebirds since 2007 when I moved to Missouri from California and fell in love with them. I also love other birds if course who wouldn’t. I belong to the Missouri Bluebird Society. I love taking pictures of wildlife. I also volunteer at the Cape Girardeau Nature Center which I love doing. More to come later.

Admi-nut-strator

Welcome, Karen!

Central NY
          TMB Studios

tamsea

Hi, Karin. Let’s see some of your photos sometime.

Tammy

Racerguy2100
            Participant

Hi my name is Mike O’Brien and I have been monitoring the BBT at the Birnamwood golf course in Burnsville, MN for the last two years. When I first volunteered for the job I was not familiar with Blue Birding. I now have gotten to the point where I know how little I know. It has been enjoyable for me to be in the learning process. We had 29 nests on the course when I stated. It is a beautiful little par three course that is in cahoots with the Minnesota Audubon Society. As I have been connected to the Bluebird Recovery Program we began a program of changing out our old Pederson (sp) houses with the newer style house and we are anxious to see what success we will have with them. This has gotten to long but I will try to keep you updated on our progress

tamsea

Hey, Mike. How many boxes are on the golf course bluebird trail? That’s a pretty big undertaking when you didn’t know anything about it! 29 nests…sounds like you were successful!! I’m glad to here you changed out your Peterson boxes for newer models. I just don’t like those boxes. But a lot of people still use them successfully! Welcome. This forum is slow during the winter and on top of that we moved just a few days ago to this hosting site and so it will take awhile for people to find us.

Tammy

Carol – Mid-Mo.
                Participant

Hi, Mike & welcome here! If you are wanting/needing to find out more about hosting our beautiful blues (& other natives) you have found the right spot. Of course, no one knows everything, but I’ll tell you the Moderators & people here really know their stuff, and if we don’t, we are definitely not afraid to ask. As Tammy says, this time of year is slow, plus the move to this site is taking some time for people to sign up. I have been doing some BB presentations this past year to different groups and have two scheduled already for next year. But there is always something to learn. Good luck on that huge undertaking of the golf course trail – you are brave to take that on.

tamsea

Yay Carol! Did you start that last year? I can’t remember from one hear to the next!

Tammy

BrendaV
                    Participant

Hey all,

Brenda VR here. (successfully registered here, was on the old board) I am in Ontario, Canada. Got bit by the BB bug when I found the birders at the office had not been cleaning the boxes we had behind the office. We had a long term pair of Bluebirds there who had filled up one box right to the top with nests (I think I counted 5 or so) and were nearly done doing the same to the only suitable box left. So I took it on myself to clean them and just kinda fell down the rabbit hole….replaced the boxes, put up more….put up some in our other parklands…I think I’m infected with the Bluebird bug. ;P But mostly only have time to post here in forums in the winter when I am indoors more.

tamsea

Hi, Brenda. There’s only a handful of us so far that made it over.

Tammy

cidermill
                        Participant

Hi! I’ve been a “bluebird nut” for three years now. We feed ¾ of the year and feel positively lucky that the bluebirds are here a lot eating. We put up roosting boxes last year, but no takers despite the extremely tough winter we had here in New England. This fall we put up three nesting boxes of different designs and are delighted that the bb’s are in and out of them daily, so hopefully that bodes well for residency next spring! So glad to have found this board; thank you!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by cidermill.

Carolyn
                          New Hampshire

Admi-nut-strator

:welcome3: to our little group, cidermill! Things are pretty slow right now, but it will pick up come February.

Central NY
                            TMB Studios

cidermill
                            Participant

Thank you, Cher, looking forward to things picking up. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!🎄🎄🎄

Carolyn
                              New Hampshire

ReneeinWinslow
                              Participant

Hi Everyone! I found you all. Luckily I checked the old site before it was taken down. Anyways for those of you who may not know my name is Renee and I live in Winslow, IN. I joined way back in 2006 wow almost 10 years ago. I’ve hosted BBs, Dees, Robins, Cardinals, House Finches, PROWs, MODOs, Chipping Sparrows, TRES and once I had a Song Sparrow nesting, two attempts by TUTIs but neither were successful :( This past nesting season was the first time I didn’t get a single EBB nesting a first since I started back in 2006. Anyways glad I found you all. :bluebird6:

When the new wears off the old shines through

When The New Wears Off The Old Shines Through.

Admi-nut-strator

Glad you found us, Renee. The old site will remain where it is on Yuku as long as they don’t pull the plug for lack of activity! Meanwhile, the url Bluebirdnutcafe.com is pointed here now, so we’ve pretty much got all the bases covered for people who are coming back this spring.

Central NY
                                  TMB Studios

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 198 total)
                                • The topic ‘Please Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new replies.