Round 2

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Round 2

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 341
    • Total Posts 370

We are rooting for you Hope the settle soon.

David
    Stafford, VA

David in Stafford,VADavid in Stafford,VA
    Participant
    • Topics started 29
    • Replies 341
    • Total Posts 370

We fledged 4 today but no pictures. As I cleaned the box this evening I did find my 5th hatchling dead in the bottom of the nest. It must have been a late hatcher and was under all of the others in the photos. I guess being gone so long does have it’s consequences when it comes to the young birds. I never thought to move the 4 other birds to see what happened to the 5th egg. Lesson learned – account for ALL of the eggs.
    Don’t know if we will have a third nesting this year but I am putting the box back up on Thursday before we leave on a 9 day trip to St. Louis.

David
    Stafford, VA

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 66
    • Replies 656
    • Total Posts 722

David, same thing happened to me – found 1 dead at bottom – did not think (but I probably would not have) to move others around. Have a good trip to good ole Missouri!

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 37
    • Replies 291
    • Total Posts 328

David, so happy to read about your fledge, and sorry # 5 didn’t make it. Hope you have a great trip and that nest #3 will be there with some beautiful blue eggs in it when you return.
    My 4 should fledge on Monday the 15th. I am hoping I get a 3rd nest, never had one but this pair is earlier than any I have had before.
    Connie (PA)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.