Sneaky Bluebirds

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Sneaky Bluebirds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yowell784
    Participant
    • Topics started 7
    • Replies 9
    • Total Posts 16

This pair of BB I have are the sneakiest ever. I saw the dad occasionally looking in the box, but hardly ever saw the mom. I knew there was a nest but didn’t think she had started laying. Went out this a.m. knocked on the side – no reaction so I got my stool and looked. Four eggs!!!! Woot Woot! I need to get my sparrow spooker on but I’m leaving for the day soon. Want to be sure they accept it. But if I never see her, how will I know? I’ll put it on first thing in the morning. Here we go again!

Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant
    • Topics started 107
    • Replies 1047
    • Total Posts 1154

Yes, you need to get it put on and then watch it closely if you can. Early morning I find is the most busiest time for laying, etc. She should have no trouble with the spooker, especially if you have had it on before with this pair. But you do need to watch, she might not lay another egg and just begin incubating them. Try to be sure she has accepted it. And if you have house wrens around, you will need a wren guard. As you have noticed from this forum, many of us have had our experiences (bad) with wrens.

dogsandbirds
    • Topics started 5
    • Replies 655
    • Total Posts 660

Yay Lisa!

Gin
    Atlanta, GA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.