The BB family is back

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter The BB family is back

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

I discovered a fresh, new bluebird egg in the nest today. The spooker is up, and I am ready for round #2. It is really sweet because my first bluebird family returned today! Mama and Papa blue were feeding the first fledglings on my deck railing this afternoon. I didn’t see all five babies, but I did see four of them–two on my deck and two on the fence. :-)

Susan
    Pennsylvania

nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

Happy dance!

:birddance:

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

dogsandbirds
    • Topics started 5
    • Replies 656
    • Total Posts 661

This is the fun part, isn’t it?

Gin
    Atlanta, GA

verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

They are beautiful. This particular bluebird couple seems very “bonded.” I rarely see one without the other. I even saw the male give a bug to his mate. I just love them.

Susan
    Pennsylvania

Dana
    Participant
    • Topics started 39
    • Replies 155
    • Total Posts 194

I’m so happy for you Susan! I love summer but having bluebirds around is like the icing on the cake or cherry on top the ice cream! They make summertime that more special.

verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

Today when I was cutting grass, I came around the corner of my house on the zero-turn mower and my little dogwood tree looked like it was decorated for Christmas. Mama and Papa blue were sitting in the tree, and all of the fledglings were right there. I wish I had my camera! It’s awesome.

Susan
    Pennsylvania

nhhawk6
    Participant
    • Topics started 15
    • Replies 203
    • Total Posts 218

Wow!! What a sight that must have been!

Randy
    Bedford, New Hampshire

Sassy
    Participant
    • Topics started 54
    • Replies 416
    • Total Posts 470

How exciting Susan, I know you are thrilled to pieces. I have never had the opportunity to see the fledglings after they fledged. Last year we had to leave the day they fledged and I never saw them again. This year you know the story. I was hoping I would get another set, but so far not a BB in sight.
    I am very happy for you.
    Connie (PA)

verachuckdave
    Participant
    • Topics started 23
    • Replies 184
    • Total Posts 207

Thank you, Connie. I wish you had had a more successful bluebird season. I know there are lots of ups and downs with this hobby. My bluebirds are currently tending to 5 eggs (Round #2). You know how it is. . .it’s exciting and fun, but oh so stressful with all of the crazy predators around.

Susan
    Pennsylvania

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.