3 Eggs in nest!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter 3 Eggs in nest!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dana
    Participant

Hi all:

As of a few days ago there are 3 bluebird eggs in my nest! The female started incubating 2 days ago. Was hoping for 4 or more eggs but I will gladly take what I can get. I’m wondering if its the female’s 1st year breeding. Any thoughts on this? If all goes well the 3 eggs are due to hatch the 28th of this month.

Dana

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Congrats, Dana. As far as the number of eggs laid, it will vary upon the weather, area, etc. It is very possible this is her first year, as you don’t usually hear of only 3 eggs until the end of a season. Good luck!

Dana
        Participant

Carol,
          Wouldn’t it be awesome if it was one of the babies that was hatched and raised in my nest box last year and came back to raise some bluebird babies of her own!

Dana

Carol – Mid-Mo.
          Participant

This is always a cool . . . thing when it happens. A few years back my pair which had been with me for a long time died off I guess, but anyway the fledged birds were still around all winter and then a pair (I still believe there were siblings) took over the parenting and are still around. I knew for sure that they were new parents because their habits were very different from the previous pair.
            Congrats & good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.