Camera head fell in nest

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Camera head fell in nest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

So I made a dumb mistake this morning. I have a camera I use to check the hatchlings instead of opening the box. The camera head is attached to the body by a thin band. Almost like old tape cassette reel but much more ridged. So I tape that band to a stiff thin piece of wood and I use that to slide in the gap above the bluebird hole and below the roof. Well after I got a look at the hatchlings I pulled it out and it got stuck. So I pulled harder and the head of the camera popped off. It very small, I’d say maybe a couple centimeters. I’m sure it fell somewhere in the nest but it’s too hard to see and I don’t want to risk rooting around in there. Do you think they will be ok? You think one of the birds will move it or take it out?

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Dave, I’m not familiar with measurements but if it was small enough it will work its way into the nesting material I believe – I don’t believe they would try to remove it – others need to chime in here . . . . I just open my boxes and look in (old fashioned way).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.