Five new baby blues in the world

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Five new baby blues in the world

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BZ–W Ctrl MO
    Participant

My hatch of five fledged this AM. I went past the box about 8:45 this morning and they were still there. One was peeking out of the hole and chirping at mama on the power wire. I watched for a while hoping to see them fly, and then I had to get to work. When I checked around 12:30 they were gone. That makes about 24 or 25 that I’ve helped to bring into the world in the last three years. My first effort in 2014 ended with a HOWR attack, but I’ve learned a lot since then. Thanks to everyone on the forum for your advice and support.
      Also, I noticed the beginning of a new nest in my second box about a week ago. Hoping for a third brood! I’ve never had a third before.

BZ–W. Ctrl MO

Lisa
      Participant

Happy fledge day to both of ours!

Carol – Mid-Mo.
        Participant

Congrats to your new fledglings! My 3rd brood is due to hatch in about a week. Juveniles from last nesting & parents are at the worms bowl every day – such a joy to see all the family together. I suspect that parents will not let them be eating at the worm bowl much longer when they know there will be 4 more mouths to feed soon. Hope your 3rd brood happens!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.