New start!

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter New start!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dana
    Participant

I’m happy to say that another pair of bluebirds has begun nest building in my nest box! I’m so happy they’re back! I’ve been watching them in the mornings as the female busily builds the nest. I’m not sure if this is a 2nd nesting or not for this pair. I haven’t seen any fledglings tagging along or even the adult birds feeding any so I’m wondering if it’s the first pair that lost their 1st brood to the cold spell. I’m hoping this time around goes well for them. At least the cold spells have ceased and we’re in the full swing of summer.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Dana, I would almost bet it is the first pair that lost their first brood – they like to stay in the same territory most of the time. Congratulations and hope this nesting goes well. Definitely in the full swing of summer now.

Julie
        Participant

Dana, so glad to hear you have Round 2 underway!! Summer is definitely here now–90s today here. I’m tickled to meet another PA bluebird-lover as well! I really hope this nesting goes well for you. Best wishes! Enjoy the blues!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.