Any BB winter roosting in box going on?

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Any BB winter roosting in box going on?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tamsea

If not give us notice before posting it. It hasn’t been busy here much and so I’ve gotten out of the habit of checking.

Tammy

MarcelinNH
      Participant

Good Morning Tamsea, I trying to figure this out. Your aiding my learning curve, I can’t seem to upload anything bigger than 1 minute. But this has to do for now. I’m about to make,a new blue bird mealworm feeder in a few minutes, as I’m being eaten out of house and home withe Starling. At my wits end. I’m no carpenter ( at all lol ) but I think I can do it and modify my camera frame. And a found a great Web site where I can get 11 pounds of dehydrated me alien for 74.00. Free shipping. OK here’s the link only 4 short ones for now. Thanks Marcel

:birddance:

MarcelinNH
        Participant

yYea it worked lol, thanks for the tip, Ill do a short video of my feeder if its a success. LOL

tamsea

If not give us notice before posting it. It hasn’t been busy here much and so I’ve gotten out of the habit of checking.

Tammy

tamsea

This is great. Dried mealworms?

Tammy

The Original Bluebird Nut
              Admi-nut-strator

Actually, it’s really no harder to post images here than it was on the previous version of this forum. Nearly everyone who posted images and/or videos on the Yuku site used a photo storage service like Photobucket, Flickr, Smugmug, etc. even though it was possible to upload photos directly to Yuku. It isn’t at all difficult to post an image here. All you have to do is click the “img” button above the message composition window, drop in the url of your image from your image storage site, and click OK. For Youtube or similar videos, just copy and paste the “embed” link into the message composition area.

The problem with your video link on the arlo service, Marcel, is the destination link that expires. It’s not expiring here, it’s expiring on your storage site. There are plenty of free photo and video storage services whose links don’t expire. That’s why your YouTube video is still showing, so it’s a good choice, and it’s free!

The difference between this forum and the Yuku forum is that you won’t have to pay for a Yuku subscription in order to avoid the intrusive and sometimes offensive pop-up ads that occasionally would show up there, because Bluebirdnut.com is paying to host this forum, not the subscribers. That was something our moderators were always having to field complaints about, especially during the busy nesting season.

The NYSBS.org Photo of the Month is an entirely different thing. (I am the webmaster there, so I know.) They are paying for their hosting, too, but having a small number of photos uploaded each month via the submission form will not tax their disk space limitations. Allowing users here to upload photos to the forum directly could max out our disk space limitations eventually, and then a choice would have to be made between deleting old posts with photos, or passing the additional cost on to the forum users. If the general membership really wants to be able to upload photos here, we can look into allowing a limited number of image uploads, but doing so could have drawbacks. Perhaps I will take a quick poll of the membership once the season gets underway.

If you have trouble figuring out how to do something on this forum, just let us know. If there’s a feature you’d like and you don’t see it, let me know and I’ll try to look into whether it’s possible or not. I’ve already tweaked out and added a lot of features here. It won’t operate exactly like the Yuku site, but you won’t be asked to pay anything to use it, either.

Central NY
                TMB Studios

GamiPami
                Participant

I too had droppings in my box this year, 1st time. I took pictures of it to post here but I have know idea how to post pics, lol hoping it was my Bluebird pair as I did see them all winter long. I tryed feeding them the rehydrate mealworms but the titmouses always got to them first. Both houses are cleaned out and ready for nesting.

tamsea

You have to have a photobucket or other photo type account and then put the link to those photos here. They are free.

Tammy

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.