Caught a female and male hosp AT THE SAME TIME

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Caught a female and male hosp AT THE SAME TIME

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant

Well, I have been trapping hosp for the past week or so – having good luck with that great Van Ert trap. Today I actually caught both the male and female AT THE SAME TIME! Even though I really don’t enjoy disposing of birds, these HOSP do too much damage if left alone to destroy our precious bluebirds and others. I will continue this process on this one particular box since it is closest to our home and I can see better. (P.S. this is not the first time I have trapped 2 at once but it is very rare).

Dana
      Participant

Wow TWO! Carol that’s awesome!! – Dana

phillyblues
        Participant

I almost did the other day…saw them both go in but they avoided it somehow. Caught them individually. I swear they are getting smarter…I had one sit on my box all day today but never went all the way in. Keep doing this important work, Carol. Every little bit helps.

phillyblues
          Participant

I actually caught two at once today….sadly I didn’t realize it…the trap door was off center so I didn’t realize it was tripped. I opened the box and they flew out. Oh well. Got 1 anyway later. Soooo many this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.