New BB nesting

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter New BB nesting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carol – Mid-Mo.
    Participant

I’m jumping up and down – We have a new BB nest with its first blue egg which I just discovered today! I have had some trouble with my last nest of four blues (which is at the back of our yard which is about 1/8 mile from our home – I believe it is overdue for them to fledge unless I somehow got my dates mixed up. This new box with the first blue egg is closer to our house than the last one.
      I usually let nature take its course in regard to the bluebirds, so I am leaving the previous nest alone for another few days. Hope everything works out okay with the older nesting of blues.

phillyblues
      Participant

Nice! Good luck! I am hoping there is still a window open in SE PA for a late nest!

Carol – Mid-Mo.
        Participant

This new nest has 3 BB eggs which are being incubated – keeping a good eye on it and parents are doing their job.
          P.S. That last nesting of blues finally fledged and are out and about now.

Carol – Mid-Mo.
          Participant

My last nesting of bluebirds close to our house had all 4 eggs hatch yesterday – was delighted and will be waiting for the babies to hatch soon.

Dana
            Participant

Carol –

Congrats on the new baby blues!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.