Not sure I’m a help for the bluebirds….

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Not sure I’m a help for the bluebirds….

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    blue diamonds
    Participant

Country girl, hope the TRES workout or maybe a pair of blues will show up. I’m sure this crazy weather is not helping. My friend in NY normally has blues by now, but so far nothing. She has not even seen one.

My question was if I should remove a partial nest the blues built …then moved to the other box. I didn’t want to take the box down, but if taking the nest out would help attract a pair of TRES faster that would be great. Then I think maybe a starter nest is good, less work for the new birds. Thoughts?

Judy-Michigan 4 Bluebird eggs as of today.

Countrygirl
      Participant

Oh sorry!! I got it now.
        hmm… I’d be interested to see what other people say as I’m not the most experienced here by a long shot.
        but I guess it couldn’t hurt… I’m trying to remmeber without reading back through everything (which I probably will go read back through) who ended up winning over your first box. you have lots of action :)

blue diamonds
        Participant

Update on the paired boxes in the backyard…..TRES built a nest for a week plus, the Blues came and claimed it as their own. It’s still undetermined!!! Both TRES and Blues still come everyday. If the blues are there the TRES hang back aways. My guess is the Blues are inching towards the lead. I keep checking daily for an egg….nothing yet. I’m expecting an egg soon. The weather is turning nice now, maybe 80 by Sunday.

Judy-Michigan

Countrygirl
          Participant

WOOOHOO either way happy times!
            Not sure who is checking in on what threads so maybe repetitive but I too now have TRES building a nest in a box!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.