One left in the nest?

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter One left in the nest?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Countrygirl
    Participant

Hey all
      So I’ve been super absent …
      Butttttt we had a pair move in here in Ontario , and five eggs and five babies!!!
      Everything looked good, my last inspection around 11 days and have not been peeking since.
      I think today was likely fledging day – I just tried to peek in , and I THINK there’s one still left in the nest. I haven’t yet opened it all the way as I didn’t want to do more harm than good , mom and dad are still hanging around the yard…not sure where they have taken the rest of the family.

Do I open the box and investigate further …? Leave it longer.?
      I know usually fledge is early morning it seems strange.?

Countrygirl
      Participant

Update !!
        He’s out. !
        In the tree – not sure where the rest of the family is but he’s in a tree by the house and dads been back to see him.
        It was tough and go for awhile …
        Thought I might have to run rescue but got a pic!!
        I forgot how to post pics?!

Carol – Mid-Mo.
        Participant

Countrygirl – glad that that lonesome one left the nest – exactly what happened on my nest #2 – 4 fledged and one was left in the box for another day or two (don’t exactly remember). Can’t help you with the pictures.

Skyonitsback
          Participant

This happened with my nest last year too. Family drama! Finally dad was like, alright, OUT! And a very reluctant bird left the nest … :))

Good to see you back Countrygirl. You need to use a 3rd party site to post the photos. I use imjur.com. very easy to setup an account and it is free!!! Upload the photo(s) to ingur, copy the “BBCode” on the right side of the page, and paste it here. looking forward to seeing your pics.

David
            Stafford, VA

Countrygirl
            Participant

Sorry I wasn’t able to get here much. I’m trying to figure out imjur imgur?

Countrygirl
              Participant

`https://imgur.com/gallery/K5CsxJy

Countrygirl
                Participant

Countrygirl
                  Participant

Was anyone able to view these David help me out I can’t seem to figure this out !!?

Countrygirl, Sorry, I have been in Michigan on a boat cruise out of Mackinaw City to see lighthouses.
                    I am assuming that you have photos in your account at imgur.com and in the Bluebird Forum you are preparing a post to submit. To post a photo:
                    1. In imgur, click on the photo that you wish to post.
                    2. On the right side of the page is a column “View and Edit Post”
                    3. Under that find “BBCode”. Click on this button to copy a string of code to your computer clipboard.
                    4. Come back to your post and “paste” the code that you copied from imgur.com. It will look something like this
                    img]https://i.imgur.com/nJniyO5.jpg[/img – only there will be brackets [—] at each end.
                    5. When you have completed your typing in the post, click submit, and your new post should show your text and photo. It will not show the photo in the text that you are typing – only the code. Scroll up to where the new post shows in the thread and the photo should be there.

Hope this helps. I will be off to Nashville on Sunday for a few days. I hope to see a new photo from you when I get back.

David
                    Stafford, VA

Countrygirl, When I copied and pasted the link that you had in your post I did see the photos on imgur.com, but that is not what you are trying to do. I believe that you will be able to get the photos to your submission by suing the few steps that I sent earlier. Let me know if you have any questions.

David
                    Stafford, VA

oops – that was supposed to read “using” the few steps….” :Cough:

David
                    Stafford, VA

Countrygirl
                    Participant

Hi sorry I’ve also been away.
                      I think part of the issue is that I’m trying to do this from my iPhone .. and I’m not seeing the same options you have even using the mobile app. :(

OK. Let me try to find the app and see what happens.

David
                      Stafford, VA

Countrygirl
                      Participant

I pop back on occasionally but I didn’t end up getting a second nest.. haven’t seen any blues and still don’t know how to post my pictures. I’m grumpy haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.