They're back already

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter They're back already

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    phillyblues
    Participant

Darn HOSP harassment today! We will see if my dual holed boxes keep them safe again this year.

dogsandbirds

Are you still going to be trapping them? I would.

Gin
        Atlanta, GA

phillyblues
        Participant

I wish I could but it’s in a public park in the burbs. Some “do-gooder” would likely let them out of the trap or steal it….or I’d get in trouble. I am a believer in the two-hole box though. It allows escape and taking the fight to the outside of the box.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by phillyblues.
          Donna in WI
          Participant

Hey Cher, how do I copy that image to say post it on FB and have it work right?

and yes I agree, baffle that pole!!

Donna in WI

The Original Bluebird Nut
            Admi-nut-strator

Donna, there’s two ways to go about it.

1) Right click on the image and save it to your own computer, then re-post on Facebook.

2) Right click on the image, copy the image address (not the page address, but the address of the image itself. In this case, that image address is http://i63.tinypic.com/15zl1k8.jpg). Then go to Facebook, and in your Update Status box, just paste in the url of the image. When you click “post” the image should show up in your feed. I just tried it, and although the image didn’t show up in my post preview, it did show up once I’d clicked “Post”.

Central NY
              TMB Studios

Donna in WI
              Participant

Cher I tried that (I am talking about the gif file of the birdhouse how we/the birds/predators see it). I saved it to my computer and it works there but if I post it to FB it doesn’t work as a gif, just a photo that doesn’t move. What am I doing wrong. The image address you have above is to the photo that the OP posted of the bird on the unbaffled box. For some reason I cannot get the image address of the gif file, only the page address. I so want to repost this as it is such awesome info.

Thanks

Donna in WI

Donna in WI
                Participant

Ok, I copy the image addess when I right click and post it on my page on fb and I get a photo link to this page! I mean it will work if someone clicks on it but I want it to play on my fb page like a normal gif file.

Donna in WI

The Original Bluebird Nut
                  Admi-nut-strator

Donna, I didn’t realize you were talking about the animated GIF I posted – I thought you were talking about the OP’s image.

Animated GIFs are tricky on Facebook – simply uploading a GIF file as an image doesn’t show the animation. Posting the link to the IMAGE location (not the page location) doesn’t always show the animation in the preview, either – the viewer has to click on the link to see the image in its animated form on Facebook. However, I’ve uploaded the GIF to Giphy. If you paste this link into your Status box, the viewer may still have to click on it to see it play on their news feed, but at least it shows up as a preview with a “Play” button.

http://gph.to/22pokL2

Central NY
                    TMB Studios

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.