Unexpected

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter Unexpected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sassy
    Participant

I went out to the BB house last night to get a picture of the 4 eggs before they hatched, and I come to find out they had already hatched. I know the first egg was laid July 23 and I guess I had it in my head that it was 2 weeks before they hatched. Anyway it looks like 4 new healthy babies have entered the world.
      I do not see any of the first group, but we had such confusion here on Tues. Our water well got plugged up with sediment and I had to have the big truck and loud machines here to clean it out. I saw all the BB’s flying around like crazy from time to time. I did think I saw two last night, but maybe it was just wishful thinking. Today only Mama and Papa, so we shall see what this evening brings.
      Connie (PA)

tamsea

I lost track mid summer too and saw a full clutch of eggs…never knew she started a new nest until then. I say I’m going to keep up with my bird notes but some how I always let the ball drop.

Tammy

Sassy
        Participant

Tammy I was keeping a good eye out, I saw when she laid the first egg and thought I had kept track pretty closely but then one day I guess doesn’t make much difference. The babies are all crying for food at this point and should fledge in another week. The first set never show up anymore that I see, but Mama put them out a couple times so maybe after these one fledge they will return. Only time will tell.
          Connie (PA)

tamsea

Mine usually come back and eat mealworms after a week or so but then I never see them again. The only ones I see regularly are the last nesting babies. Unlike Dave K. who has all his offspring stopping in!

Tammy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.