"get notifications" question.

Home Forums Bluebird Chatter "get notifications" question.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tamsea

I feel like I’ve been AWOL on and off for awhile. I sneak in and look at the forum and then am out of commission for awhile because of traveling. My husband is kind of retired (he hates to admit that’s where he is) and we are doing disaster response for Samaritan’s Purse so are gone 2 or 3 weeks at a time. And then home for long stretches too. Here’s my question…maybe someone has figured it out. I should know since I’m a moderator….but that’s not the case. LOL Down at the bottom of a thread it says, “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” I click on this and I never get notifications. Has anyone been successful with this.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by tamsea.

Tammy

Carol – Mid-Mo.
      Participant

Gee, Tammy, sounds like you have some changes in your life at home. I really love retirement, because I am probably more busy now than when I just went to one place – work – each day and this way I can say “Sorry I am going fishing this week” etc. and not have to worry about work. I did realize I would not be happy just sitting at home, so I am involved in about 4 or 5 different volunteer jobs, as well as keeping a VERY part-time position at my old job. In response to your question, No, I never really noticed this and would not want to be notified, as I check on the forum a couple times a day anyway.

Sassy
        Participant

Hi Tammy:
          When I check that option, I do get emails with responses from any of the members that responded to me.
          Connie

dogsandbirds

Maybe it only works for the person who started the thread. Otherwise beats me.

Gin
            Atlanta, GA

tamsea

Good thought, Gin. Connie, is it only the thread you started or one you commented on?

Tammy

nhhawk6
              Participant

That’s correct. It will notify you if you have started a thread or commented within a thread.

Randy
                Bedford, New Hampshire

tamsea

It’s not working for me!! Bummer!

Tammy

The Original Bluebird Nut
                  Admi-nut-strator

Tammy, try checking your spam folder? Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes not. I’ll have to check the settings to see what email address is in the “from” field – with all the changes in email providers like Gmail, it could be a DMARC issue.

Central NY
                    TMB Studios

Sassy
                    Participant

Tammy:
                      I only get them if I started the thread or commented on someone else’s. If you or any of the other members post something I have to go to the group to read it.
                      Connie

Dene
                      Participant

I always have a bunch of everything in my emails.

Meg
                        Participant

Try hitting ‘subscribe’ at the top of the thread. I was getting emails from one post I started but not another and noticed that wasn’t selected in one.

The Original Bluebird Nut
                          Admi-nut-strator

Evidently there are no DMARC issues – the email notifications actually come from noreply@bluebirdnut.com, and that’s what the “From” field in the email header says. However, it could be getting caught in SPAM filters.

Central NY
                            TMB Studios

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.